A Little Intro

I wish I had a perfect way to start this. Anyone that knows me well knows how much I love words, and I particularly LOVE catchy titles.

But alas, after much thought and deliberation...today's post, the first of it's kind on this spanking-new blog, is pretty simple and straightforward. Here's the who, what, why and how of this blog to give you an idea of what we're all about in this new writing venture.

WHO: My husband, Kevin Johnson, & I met in early September 2014 during our undergraduate studies (the details of this sappy but delicious story are forthcoming). We were "official" at the end of October, engaged at the end of January, and married at the end of May. We've been married for 4 years now. We are the delighted parents of two precious little boys. I practiced as an Elementary School Teacher for two years, but currently stay home full time with our kidlets. I still love teaching and plan to return to practice in later years. Kevin is an academic advisor at a local university. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and we are fierce believers in Jesus Christ. Our marital motto is "we can do anything with God and kisses."

WHAT: This blog is intended to be a space for Kevin and I to share what we learn through personal experience (and the experiences of those we know personally, with their permission and insight) about making marriage joyful and fulfilling, even amidst hiccups and heartaches. We plan to also share excellent resources and quotes we have found from religious leaders and skilled professionals regarding marital success. 

WHY: It is my hope that every person living can have at least one perfectly exquisite day in their lifetime. Honest to goodness, At the top of my list is my wedding day. No words are golden enough to describe the explosive joy I felt as my sweetheart and I pledged ourselves to each other and God for eternity that cloudy day in May.

However, it is my even more earnest hope for every person living to have an exquisite relationship to last them for always. The gorgeous light of that perfect day has not ended or faded for me, because it's led to a gorgeous life at my gorgeous husband's side. 

Kevin and I are not perfect. We know that we are young. We have had plenty of miscommunications, misgivings, mishaps and mistakes. But I can say with absolute conviction that we are happy. We sincerely want that for everyone. It makes me giddy to see other people so happy... attending weddings, receptions and anniversary celebrations are my favorite

My husband and I constantly talk about our relationship. We are also constantly sharing with each other what we are learning about how to improve our relationship and continue to grow positively together. Over the past three months, multiple times, we've debated starting this blog and tossed around ideas for it. We feel strongly compelled to write about marriage and family. We don't know all the reasons why, but we love God, and we trust Him. We wish and hope for others to love their spouse, to love the Lord, and to be joyful. If we can share something of any small significance to help others to achieve that, we will be more than delighted. God is good, and the family is of Him.

HOW: Kevin and I plan to take turns posting. We'll post once a week, on either Sunday or Monday. 

So, that's it for this one, folks. 
Sending love, and hope for you to make your marriage joyful with God and kisses, 
Mikayla



Comments

  1. I can't wait!!!

    Also... anniversary celebrations that you invite friends to. That's a thing?

    Mind blown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to one anniversary celebration before! My aunt and uncle threw a huge party for their 25th wedding anniversary and I absolutely loved it. Love you Jess!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for creating this Mikayla! (And Kevin. Or should I say.... Kev Kev 😏). It takes courage to put yourself and your marriage “out there” for the world to see. But you guys have such a GOOD marriage, so thank you for sharing your life and tips! It’s a blessing to us all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, you are wonderful and too kind! We certainly believe in happy marriage. (also, Kevin says you're great, but he's bugged, because you call him Kev Kev ;) don't worry, I think he finds it endearing, and I think he always has.) Love & miss you so much! I hope you and your good husband and darling baby boy are well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Couples & COVID-19

The BBQ Sauce Principle